FURSUIT PHOTO & PARADE.
The annual Fursuit Photo & Parade are back! Here’s everything you need to know about participating in them.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
- Drink water before participating in the Parade!
- Avoid stopping. If you need to stop for any reason, please step to the side.
- No running. We don’t want you to trip or fall! Please walk at a leisurely pace to ensure the Parade continues moving. It’s not an issue if you fall behind; this is a parade, not a race.
- No flagpoles or signs. They pose a safety hazard and may obstruct other fursuiters or damage hotel property. Flags worn as capes or held in your hands are fine.
- Stay on the route. You are welcome to explore Boston and the Seaport District on your own, but you must follow the route when participating in the Parade.
The Fursuit Parade route has two sections, outdoors (marked in red) and indoors (marked in blue). The entire route is about 1/2 mile long. You should expect to finish the complete route in ~20 minutes. Keep in mind that you will have to wait for people to exit the Main Ballroom.
There will be ANE staff positioned along the route. They will be wearing neon yellow reflective vests. If you need any assistance during the Parade, feel free to ask them.
At the end of the route, you are free to head to your next destination, but we ask that you keep the lobby clear so traffic keeps moving. ANE staff will direct you to a fursuit lounge or the elevators.
Unlike many fursuit parades, the majority of our Fursuit Parade is outdoors! That means there are additional safety considerations that you should keep in mind.
The route follows the sidewalk around the hotel. There will be dirt, leaves, and other hazards. If it has rained recently, there may be puddles and mud. ANE staff will attempt to clear any hazards before the Parade starts, but we cannot guarantee that the path will be completely clean. Please keep this in mind if you have footpaws that you do not want to get dirty.
The route crosses one street (as marked on the map). It is a low-traffic street used only to access the parking garage and loading dock, but there will still be traffic. ANE staff will help you safely cross the street. Please follow their directions!
If you do not want to go outdoors, we invite you to join our spectators at any point along the route.
If you are not walking in the Fursuit Parade, we welcome you to spectate at any point along the route! Please keep any entrances and hallways clear and allow people to pass by. If you are spectating from the sidewalk, please stand on the inside of the sidewalk (the side closer to the hotel) so there is sufficient space for fursuiters and other pedestrians to pass.
We’ll be monitoring the weather through Saturday morning. Unfortunately, if the weather conditions are unsuitable, we will cancel the Fursuit Parade. We are unable to delay, reroute, or reschedule the Parade.
If we have to cancel the Fursuit Parade, the decision will be announced by Saturday at 11:30 AM on all of our social media platforms. The Fursuit Photo will happen as scheduled.